Quindi hai aperto un blog? Congratulazioni!
This could change your life.
But... now comes the hard part!
How will you stand out?
MILLIONS of blog articles are written every day and the common solution you find on the web is:
Write long, high quality content and search engines will rank your website on the first page.
But this is only partially true.
Aumentare le visite del blog non è così facile come molti ti raccontano.
I know exactly what I'm talking about, because I invested a year and a half of my life (locked in the house like a vampire) studying and writing articles without ever stopping.
Ad essere sincero, non lo rifarei 🙂 ma la mia costanza ha dato i suoi frutti.
Between 2019 and 2020, I was able to get an excellent increase in organic traffic to my website.
Gli articoli che ho scritto sul mio blog per cani Thecollienois.com hanno ricevuto 244.277 visualizzazioni di pagina da 91.413 nuovi visitatori.
All of this traffic is completely free (thanks Google!).
Oggi imparerai tutto quello che serve sapere (16 SEO tips for beginners to be exact) to position yourself at the top of Google and increase your website traffic.
Here's what you're about to learn:
- Master keyword research.
- Using the competition to your advantage (analyzing their strengths and weaknesses).
- Make a good impression in search results pages (SERPs).
- Write search engine optimized blog posts like a pro.
- Implement SEO basics in a simple way on your website.
- And some tips for fellow bloggers using WordPress!
Ready to rank your site higher, faster?
Let's dive in.
How to increase visits to a website or blog?
These are the 16 SEO tips and tricks we'll cover that will help you increase blog visits:
- Choose the right keywords
- Use keywords in the right place
- Avoid keyword stuffing
- Look at your competition's word count
- Look at the header count (titles h1, h2, h3..)
- Write obscure meta titles and meta descriptions
- Mira alla posizione zero su Google (Featured snippet)
- Positioned for hundreds of keywords
- Engage your readers
- Use the Bucket Brigade (transition words and phrases)
- Choose a Backlink Strategy
- Choose an internal linking strategy
- Leverage the power of Google Search Console
- Learn how to write permalinks
- Install an SEO Plugin
- Don't abuse categories and tags
Point #1 - It's all about the keywords
The first thing we need to talk about is keywords.
It's easy to get lost down the rabbit hole trying to choose the perfect long-tail keyword.
Long-tail keywords (parole chiave a coda lunga) sono la combinazione di 3 o più parole chiave che ti fanno posizionare più in alto (e facilmente) nelle pagine dei risultati di ricerca.
Endless keyword research keeps you from creating amazing content more frequently.
So why are we starting with this topic?
Because finding perfect keywords is too important to ignore.
If increasing blog traffic is a priority of yours, then learning how to do keyword research should be added in your list of priorities.
The right keywords connect your content with what your audience is looking for.... and this meeting point is where the money is!
So, how do you find long-tail keywords that you can easily rank for on search pages?
Relax and follow these first three tips!
1) Choose the right keywords
SEO best practices claim that this is how you do keyword research:
- Find out what people are looking for.
- Check how many people are searching for these specific keywords.
- Identify the difficulty of ranking for the most interesting keywords (may vary depending on the SEO tool you use)
- Focus on long-tail keywords with low difficulty scores (29 or lower) and that have the highest traffic volume (again, this value can change depending on the SEO tool you use).
But it's not as simple as saying, 'Follow these steps and you'll get tons of traffic to your site!'
Relax, don't panic!
Rather focus your efforts on these two key points and the search engine results will come:
- Set yourself the goal of writing engaging content long-term (3+ years).
- Individua l’intento di ricerca del tuo pubblico quando scegli una parola chiave.
What is research intent?
Search intent is to find out why someone is searching for a certain phrase in a search engine.
- Why do people search for this particular keyword?
- Are they the people I want to connect with?
How can you be sure?
Google your keyword and check the first three results. Do they cover the topics you were planning to cover?
Yes? Searching intent guessed!
No? It's no big deal!
Find a different keyword or change the topic of your blog post to match what Google tells you works with the audience you're trying to attract!
To get results and increase blog traffic you have to be flexible and ready to change strategy if things don't go the way they should or the way you want them to.
2) Use keywords in the right place
Qualunque sia la parola chiave su cui ti concentri, ricorda che Google considera il “dove” importante quanto il “quante volte”!
This is one of the SEO tips that you must never forget while writing a blog post.
Here's where you need to put your keywords in your blog article:
- Article URL.
- Article title.
- In the first hundred words of the content.
- Headers H1,H2,H3 etc..
- Alt tag images.
- Meta Title (with SEO plugin).
- Meta Description (with SEO plugin).
Gone are the days when you could aggressively "stuff and stuff" your article with keywords and quickly rank high in search results.
This technique is called "keyword stuffing" and is an antiquated practice that should be avoided and that is mostly frowned upon by Google and other search engines.
3) Avoid keyword stuffing
It is rather inappropriate and unpleasant to fill a blog post with keywords.
The Google team thought so too.
So they implemented the Natural Language Processing (NLP) nel loro algoritmo per porre fine a questa tecnica di posizionamento.
Nowadays, if you try to stuff your text with keywords, your ranking will be DAMAGED & COMPROMISED because Google wants to see high-quality content written for humans, not robots!
Instead, use synonyms and try to paraphrase your keyword in a way that feels natural.
Think about discussing the topic with a friend of yours.
Scrivi articoli approfonditi e lunghi con un unico argomento in mente e “cospargilo“ di queste varianti di parole chiave.
Always make it look natural!
It may be a long and arduous process... but I assure you it will pay off in the long run.
Want to analyze keywords like a pro and nail the winning ones every time?
Do as I do,: usa SEMrush (il miglior SEO tool in commercio!)
Point #2 - Use competition to your advantage
Go to Google, type in your chosen keyword and open the first five results of BLOG that appear to you.
Ignora i risultati non-blog come Amazon, Wikipedia, ecc.
I know what you're thinking:
Man, even more research...
Let me save you the headache and tell you exactly what to look for.
But first download this chrome extension SEOMiniona FREE SEO tool but incredibly powerful!
4) Look at your competition's word count.
Use SEOMinion and a calculator to calculate the average word count of the five blog posts you just opened.
Average word count: 2534+1612+1820+2375+1500 = 9841 : 5 = 1968
Now determine the length of your blog post....
1968 + 10% = 2165 words
The length of a post makes a difference in search engine rankings.
I blog post di lungo formato funzionano meglio perché se ottimizzati per la SEO utilizzando tante parole, potrai:
- Insert more keywords and synonyms.
- Cover your topic in great detail and depth.
- Discuss related topics to give the visitor a clearer and broader picture.
5) Look at the header count (h1, h2, h3 titles..)
Do the same thing with the headers:
Calculate the average number with SEOMinion and then write the 10% of extra headers!
These SEO tips Are easy to implement, and may even seem too mundane to you!
But they work, I guarantee it!
Many website owners take so many things for granted, and in reality, they're not so obvious.
Point #3 - Watch the SERP carefully
You see them every day, but what is a SERP?
SERP stands for Search Engine Results Pages, are sections of "space" on search engine results dedicated to websites.
Here's how to get the most out of these top-notch (Free) ads!
6) Write obscure meta titles and meta descriptions
There's not much to work with when it comes to improving the appearance of our content on the SERP:
Abbiamo a disposizione circa 580 pixel (60 caratteri) di meta titolo e 920 pixel (160 caratteri) di meta descrizione.
But it gets harder:
At first glance, all the search results are more or less identical.
But I'm not!
PRO Tip: You need to do a good analysis of what the top results have in common, and when you find a pattern that repeats, you need to make sure you implement it in your content too!
In the image below you can see that the date is present 4 times, and the first and third search results are list items.
A good title for this article might be:
A good title for this article might be: The 15 Best Coffee Beans To Buy Online. The 15 Best Coffee Beans To Buy Online [Updated 2021]
How can you stand out on the SERP?
These 6 tips will help you do just that:
- Review the first three results and find out what they have in common...chances are this is the one that works!
- Learn how to write compelling headlines and persuasive ones.
- Include the keyword you want to rank for (Focus Keyword) in the meta title and meta description - if these match a user's search term, then the words will be highlighted in bold (translated = more visibility)!
- Add emotion to your titles using powerful words (power words).
- Use seo minion (to preview the title in SERPs) to avoid Google cutting your text making you look like an amateur.
- Use seo minion to average the headers and words of the top 5 results, and write at least 10% more than them.
Focus a lot on this step, because the more times people click on your "ad", the higher your ranking will be!
E come ben sai, per aumentare le visite del blog bisogna posizionarsi il più in alto possibile nella SERP!
What's better than being number one?
On Google, it's better to be number 0which is to have a Featured Snippet.
You don't know what it is?
Take a look:
La posizione zero domina la SERP grazie a un riquadro di testo GIGANTE, alle parole chiave in grassetto e a un’immagine in evidenza!
But, how do you rank for position zero?
In primo luogo, concentrati sul posizionare i tuoi articoli nella prima pagina di Google per la tua parola chiave target usando i suggerimenti di questo articolo.
Almost always, the content that rises to position zero is the content that is already on the first page of Google.
So, I suggest you set a goal of achieving position zero already while writing the post, research/analyze your keyword on Google and do better than your competitors who are in position zero.
If you want to explore this topic further, I highly recommend reading Ahrefs' article about the featured snippets, where you will find more SEO tips AND interesting suggestions for increase blog visits because of the zero position.
8) Rank for hundreds of keywords
Did you know that a blog post can rank for hundreds, sometimes thousands of related keywords?
Well, now I'm going to show you a completely free way to research and identify additional keywords that will allow you to rank using variations and synonyms of the target keyword.
Go to Google, enter your target keyword and search:
- Analyze the section "People have also asked"
- Also check out the "searches related to..." section.
Here you'll find tons of related phrases to use as secondary keywords!
I also recommend that you answer people's questions in a dedicated question and answer (FAQ) section on your blog.
You do this and your chances of placement will soar....both for your main keyword and for tons of searches... long-tail related!
Point #4 - "Write" your way to SEO success
Ranked well on SERPs: ✓.
People persuaded to click: ✓
Now only one of two things can happen:
- Users don't react and/or bounce back, or
- They start reading.
And Google follows people's choices!
The more often people bounce and don't react with your content, the lower your ranking will go.
But if you get people to read and stay on your site, your ranking/positioning will increase!
Try these simple writing tips to increase the average length of time users stay on your site!
9) Engage your readers
Between you and me, the best tactic to keep people from bouncing is to write a short, compelling introduction.
Your objective is twofold.
You need to grab your visitors' attention quickly, and then demonstrate that your blog post has just the right content to solve their problem.
You might wonder how.
- Google your keyword in an incognito window.
- Open the first three search results (blogs only) and check their introductions.
- Pick your favorite and use it as a template.
When writing your introduction, remember to:
- Keep it short.
- Show the reader that you understand their problem.
- Give a preview of your solution.
- Explain exactly what the blog post will cover.
10) Use the Bucket Brigade (transition words and phrases)
What exactly are bucket brigades?
These are phrases, expressions, and transition words that copywriters use to help the reader better understand their copy and most importantly, to keep them reading.
They are your tool to keep your reader's interest alive at times when they might get bored and bounce (close your site and return to the search pages).
Did you see what I did up here?
This is a bucket brigade.
Need more examples to activate your mind?
Take a look at this:
- Imagine this:
- Check this out:
- Then I thought about it...
- But is that really true?
- Then stay here with me.
- The simple truth is...
- So, what is it?
- Interested? Keep reading.
- You want to know the best part?
- You're probably wondering:
- Basically, what is the point of the matter?
Point #5 - The basics of SEO for blogs
Congratulations on making it this far!
C’è solo un ulteriore piccolo gruppo di consigli SEO da padroneggiare prima di essere pronto ad ottimizzare i contenuti del tuo blog e a far “Rankare” i tuoi blog post nelle prime posizioni delle pagine di ricerca.
Let's get on with it:
PS: (This above is a bucket brigade)
11) Choose a Backlink Strategy
They are one of the biggest ranking factors on Google.
Più backlink di qualità = maggiore autorità di dominio e migliore posizionamento sulla SERP.
I recommend two safe backlink building tactics:
- Publish guest post on reputable sites in your niche.
- Always create the highest quality articles and you will get backlinks organically from people who refer to your content.
12) Choose an internal linking strategy
link interni sono i link che inserisci nei post del tuo blog e che collegano i tuoi lettori e Google ad altri argomenti del tuo sito web.
There are two major categories of thought on this topic.
1) Do like the big news sites (BBC, Forbes, La Repubblica etc.) and do what you want
Just add as many internal links as possible in your content.
If you commit to writing hundreds/thousands of blog posts, you can safely increase blog visits and get incredible results.
2) Categorize everything on purpose
This means that you only publish a blog post when that topic can be linked to other topics on your blog.
How do you do it?
Here's a simple example using pizza.
Start with a parent post (Pillar Content/ Cornerstone Content):
–> How to make pizza at home: the ultimate guide!
Then write three more posts specifically about pizza:
- The best vegetarian pizza.
- The best pizza with meat.
- The best lactose-free pizza.
Use internal links to connect all four pages.
Then simply keep adding them to each new blog post.
The next two articles might be about burgers and piadinas, giving you a chance to create a new topic for another parent article, "Dinners that kids love."
This will create a "Wikipedia effect" where people will get lost in your content for hours, and it will also help Google's bots/crawlers rank you better in search results!
Esponenziale aumento del traffico organico del blog 🙂
13) Harness the power of Google's Search Console...
...to improve the placement of your blog posts, which sometimes happens overnight!
This is one of the best SEO tips And it should be implemented on blog posts that have already been published for at least 2/4 months.
To get started, follow these steps:
- Open Search console and select your site,
- Click on search results,
- Select pages,
- Look for a blog post with a high number of impressions but few clicks.
Here are the next steps:
- Click on any of these pages (lots of impressions and few clicks) to see a list of the keywords it ranked for.
- Then choose from the list the keyword with the most impressions.
- Google (Incognito window) that keyword to see who is in the top three results and then write a more compelling meta title/meta description and update your page.
- Then pick a few other keywords you're ranking for on that page and add those topics as headers to your post (write a few hundred words for each new header).
- Republish your post with today as the new publication date.
- Check the performance of the article after a few weeks.
Point #6 - Simple SEO tips for bloggers using WordPress
14) Learn how to write permalinks
The Permalink is the full URL that people see in their browser... it's essentially the address of your blog post...
Ed è un fattore importantissimo nella SEO.
Follow these tips to write the best permalinks possible for Google crawlers:
- Match the permalink to the title of your post.
- Use an understandable and consistent URL structure for all posts.
- Include the most important keyword in the permalink.
- Keep them short (the best placed permalinks on Google are 59 characters long on average).
WordPress makes this process very easy.
If you haven't already, go to the permalink settings in your WordPress dashboard and change the default setting to "Article Name".
15) Install an SEO Plugin
- Writing meta titles and meta descriptions.
- Connect your site to Google Search Console.
- Generate a sitemap.
- Scrivere articoli ottimizzati per i motori di ricerca grazie ai loro consigli e suggerimenti
But that's it.
Non è che fanno magie! Questi plugin ti ricordano cosa fare (in caso ti dimenticassi qualcosa), ma non fanno il lavoro per te.
And never buy Yoast premium...it's not worth it!
At most Rank Math Pro, which has much more functionality and costs less.
16) Do not abuse categories and tags
Categories are the hierarchical grouping of your blog (i.e. the table of contents), while tags describe specific content of a post.
Both help users and search engines navigate your content.
So it's important to use them, aligning them with your chosen keywords and blog topics.
Ma è ancora più importante non usarli eccessivamente!
Most of us do...without even thinking about it!
More is better, right?
It might sound strange, but overusing categories and tags could be hurting your SEO!
I recommend starting with one to three categories and/or tags until you have about 50 blog posts.
Then, at that point, analyze what you've written and create a new structure that is easier to navigate.
But always be sure to stick to a maximum of six categories and/or six tags!
This will keep things simple and enjoyable for everyone, improving user experience and ranking!
Well, that's it!
Ora conosci i 16 consigli SEO più importanti per ottimizzare i tuoi blog post per i motori di ricerca!
Ma ricorda sempre che i contenuti sono il punto chiave di grandi posizionamenti, soprattutto quando si sfornano regolarmente articoli di qualità, per anni.
La SEO è solo uno strumento che può aiutarti a farti notare, più “facilmente!
So, what do you need to do NOW?
- Commit to writing the best blog posts on the web for the next three years!
- Use the tips you learn in this guide to rank your blog posts on the first page, generate more organic traffic and increase your revenue!
- Use a professional SEO tool.
SEMrush is the tool I use, that made you click on this article, which I highly recommend to all my clients, and which has helped me bring nearly 100,000 new visitors to my dog training blog (in just one year).
Semrush allows you to:
- Ricercare parole chiave da utilizzare nel tuo piano editoriale
- Find your competitors/competitors.
- Analyze your competitors' websites in detail and use the data collected to your advantage.
- Find out which of your pages/articles (or those of your competitors) perform best.
- Generate a report containing all the SEO errors on your site and give you advice on how to fix them.
- Monitor the positioning of your keywords in search pages.
- Analyze in detail your market niche and find new positioning opportunities.
- Lots of other wonderful features.
As always, thank you for your attention and for following me this far.
See you soon!